Brian C. Steward
- Attorney & Founder
Areas de práctica:
- Personal Injury
Mr. Steward is Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. Mr. Steward is also a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates. These are honors reflective of over three decades of complex civil litigation in Texas, Louisiana, New Jersey and New Mexico.
Mr. Steward was admitted to the State Bar of Texas in 1990 as well as the Western, Southern, Northern and Eastern Districts of the Federal Court system in 1992. Mr. Steward was admitted to the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals in 1994. Although a civil trial lawyer, he has argued numerous cases to the Fourth Court of Appeals and submitted briefing to the Fifth Circuit on civil rights cases involving the use of excessive force by law enforcement personnel.
Before starting his own law firm, Mr. Steward was a senior associate with Strasburger and Price, L.P., which was followed by Ketterman, Rowland & Westlund. In these firms, he handled products liability, medical malpractice and business litigation matters through trial. In his own practice, he has continued to maintain a docket of products liability, medical malpractice and commercial dispute litigation but he has also become a certified mediator. Prior to the mediation certification, Mr. Steward has mediated cases since the inception of the Bexar County mediation system in 1992.
He has also remained engages with the San Antonio and Texas legal communities. He has presided over the Medical Legal Liaison Committee of the San Antonio Bar Association on three separate occasions. In 2021, the San Antonio Bar Association recognized Mr. Steward with the distinguished service award due to his work with various non-profit organizations in Texas and Massachusetts. He was also elected to chair the State Bar of Texas Grievance Committee District 10. He has also been active on the San Antonio Bar Association Diversity Task force created by Lawrence Morales, II. He currently serves as a Director of the San Antonio Trial Lawyers Association and is a former Director of the Texas Trial Lawyers Association.
His dedication and hard work have been recognized by his peers as evidenced by his selection as a Texas Super Lawyer (2016 to present) and Scene in San Antonio’s Best Lawyers since 2006. In 2015, he was first recognized as one of the best 25 personal injury litigators in San Antonio.
Mr. Steward is an active supporter of the State Bar of Texas Continuing Legal Education efforts. He has been a frequent contributor and presenter to these efforts since 1999. In 2015, he was tapped to serve as the Course Director the Advanced Personal Injury Trial Seminar in 2017. He has also presented at TTLA and SATLA seminars since 2015. He is an active member of the William S. Session’s Chapter of the American Inns of Court as well as mentor programs with St. Mary’s School of Law.
Mr. Steward is a native San Antonian, who attended school at St. Mark’s Episcopal and San Antonio Academy. After graduating from The Academy in 1979, he went to Deerfield Academy. After Deerfield, he went to Duke University, where he graduated with a degree in History. He returned to San Antonio to attend St. Mary’s School of Law. Mr. Steward has been a Board Member of San Antonio Academy as well as the president of the alumni association. He is currently the regional chair for the Duke University Alumni Admissions volunteers. He also works on the Executive Committee of the Deerfield Academy Alumni Council as the Vice President.
Mr. Steward has served as a Board Member on the San Antonio Library Foundation and the Child Advocates of San Antonio. He currently serves on the Board of the San Antonio Zoological Society and the San Antonio Book Festival.
- Strasburger and Price, L.P., Senior Associate
- Ketterman, Rowland & Westlund, Senior Associate
- Texas, 1990
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas, 1992
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas, 1992
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas, 1992
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas, 1992
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1994
- American Board of Trial Advocates, Member
- State Bar of Texas, 1990
- Bexar County Mediation System, 1992
- San Antonio Bar Association – Medical Legal Liaison Committee
- State Bar of Texas Grievance Committee District 10, Chair
- San Antonio Bar Association Diversity Task Force
- San Antonio Trial Lawyers Association, Director
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association, Former Director
- William S. Session’s Chapter of the American Inns of Court, Active Member
- St. Mary’s School of Law – Mentor Programs
- San Antonio Academy, Board Member
- San Antonio Academy Alumni Association, President
- Duke University Alumni Admissions Volunteers, Regional Chair
- Deerfield Academy Alumni Council – Executive Committee, Vice President
- Saint Louis University School of Law, St. Louis, Missouri
- J.D. – 2011
- Baylor University
- B.A. – 2007
- Major: Political Science
- Distinguished Service Award, San Antonio Bar Association, 2021
- He was selected for inclusion in the Texas Super Lawyers list, 2016 – Present
- San Antonio’s Best Lawyers, since 2006
- one of the best 25 personal injury litigators in San Antonio, 2015
- San Antonio Library Foundation, Board Member
- Child Advocates of San Antonio, Board Member
- San Antonio Zoological Society, Board Member
- San Antonio Book Festival, Board Member
Classes / Seminars
- Advanced Personal Injury Trial Seminar, Course Director, 2017
- TTLA and SATLA seminars, Presenter, since 2015
Certified Legal Specialties
- Personal Injury Trial Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization